Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

DEAR MR PRESIDENT, ITS TIME TO TAKE ACTION


Dear Mr. President, I must admit I am finding it difficult trying to find a good reason to write you at this critical time. But then I think it would benefit both of us if you attempt to listen to what am about to say in the course of this conversation. Remember this is between me and you.

Dear Mr. President, I am running out of patience and someday I might be forced to ask for your Patience. I hear she is the mother of the peace we have all been searching for. Has ‘Mama Peace’ heard of all the atrocities committed against ‘her children’? What kind of mother would watch whilst her children are living in fear without an attempt to put up a fight or has her strength failed her again? I want to believe she has no idea of what is going on.

Dear Mr. President, I have tried to picture you as you might have been as a young boy without shoes playing on the lonely streets of Otuoke. Did you live in so much fear and terror like my brother Mohammed in Damboa? Are you asking me why he can no longer play football with his classmates just like you did? Have you not heard that his best friend Abdullahi was hacked to death in cold blood while he slept in his hostel? Mr. President what kind of a man do you expect him to become if he survives the next slaughtering, the next suicide bomb attack and the next abduction.

Dear Mr. President, did you even hear they have taken our daughters again. I heard they took them in their hundreds while they were asleep. As a father your Excellency, I am sure you felt so much joy when you gave out your daughter in marriage sometime ago. But these little girls are your daughters too, or are they not? Do you say you do not have an idea what they are going through at the moment? If you don't bring them back now, the enemy will come for more and more. And when they take all our daughters, what will happen to our sons?

Dear Mr. President, I have heard that many years ago you were a fairly honourable and learned man, until you went to politics. You wined and dined with hypocrites who tell you to keep climbing that you will not fall. Mr. President, do you realize you are going down in history as the worst leader this country has ever had? Yet they keep clapping for you while they feed fat from your misery.

Dear Mr. President, I do not think too much of 2015. Do you expect me to vote for you? Does it matter if I vote when you have surrounded yourself with ‘do or die’ cronies? Mr. President, between me and you, what can you say you are coming back for? The last time you came, you promised us fresh air but each time we try to breathe, they blow us away. No matter the amount of promises you make, we will never believe you until we see a transformation. And time is not your friend your Excellency.

Dear Mr. President, you and your gang of media commandos can put up propaganda of how the insurgency in the country is all politically motivated but since you know the problem, kindly find a solution. You can say you are doing your best but I see nothing but more dead bodies. Tell me Mr. President who do you hold responsible for all these carnage. Just tell me one person who you think should take the blame for all these unwanton loss of innocent citizens under your watch if not you. What do you feel when you see all the lifeless bodies on the street?

Dear Mr. President, I can tell you are extremely saddened by all these unfortunate incidents, like you were when those helpless kids were killed in their sleep and the bomb blast before that and also now that our daughters have been abducted. But how long are we going to keep looking at your sad face? Mr. President, how many more will be gone before you at least know what to do?

Dear Mr. President, how do you sleep at night while most of us live with so much fear? Does it help that you live in a fortress that is fortified enough to withstand any terrorist attack? What do you feel when you look from your castle and see your people crying in the streets because they don't know who would be the next victim. I hear that they are heading down south to your kinsmen but if the rumours were true would that bother you at all? The least you can do is give us some hope that our lives will be safe tomorrow.

Dear Mr. President, what makes you the commander-in-chief and not the commander-in-speech is the single fact that your action should speak louder than your words. If all you do is sit there and make heartfelt speeches to the families of the deceased, do you not think that the enemy would see you more as a weak General. Mr. President, it is time to take action.

Dear Mr. President, Am sorry I did not introduce myself properly but I know you know me now. I am that concerned Nigerian who is not happy with the state of affairs in this country. I have a lot more to say but that would be when I can look you in the eyes.

Thank you, Mr. President for your time. I hope you found this conversation useful. And also that you realize the importance of the things that we spoke about. God bless you Mr. President.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be very difficult for this government if they don't act fast. Something needs to be done quickly to stop the insurgency from taking advantage of innocent people.

i-inspire said...

I do agree with you and we should also pray that this will not lead to a much greater catastrophe. May God protect us all

Anonymous said...

And why does Mr. President always look clueless?

Doris Gabriel said...

LOL @ The President's face. Please you people should leave this man alone