Pages

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

THE 'RUNS GIRL' WHO STOLE MY HEART (PART TWO)

 
It was the last Friday of the month, so I decided to go out with the boys to Karaoke. Not long after we got there, one of my colleagues asked to use my phone to call a female guest he was expecting that evening. He explained that her number wasn’t connecting on his phone and since I used the same network, he wanted to see if he can get through with mine. I obliged and merely urged him not to spend too much time on the phone as I have plans to call my girlfriend later that night. 

To our uttermost surprise, it turned out that the number he was calling was that of my supposed girlfriend Atinuke, which was already saved on my phone contacts as Honey Boo. I was not sure between me and my colleague who was in more shock. I enquired from my apparently bemused buddy, if he was related to Atinuke and perhaps the purpose of her visit was family connection. I couldn’t think of any other reason why he would have the number of my girlfriend who I was yet to introduce to him but the look on his face said it all.

Atinuke was not the girl I thought I knew; she was actually a Runs Girl. The kinds that will make your girlfriend or wife look like a learner. How could I not have known or even suspected? Her almost perfect demeanour denied me of every sense of reasoning and I acted as if my mind was no longer my own. I was now one of her prisoners and she held the key to my poor heart.

For the next couple of minutes I went numb with tremor. A million thoughts were flying through my already clouded mind. I felt sick to my bone marrow at the thought of how many men have shared my Atinuke with me.  It was painful, both mentally and materially. Everyone thought she was the one for me but little did I know that she so loved the world so much that she has given away everything I cherished.

I spent most of that weekend bedridden; convinced that the best way to get over my disappointment was by being somber. I couldn’t stay in my house because every corner I turned was laden with memories of my ‘sinful weekend’ with Atinuke. Surprisingly, she never called or tried to reach me again. She must have figured out that she has been busted and quietly disappeared on me.   

At work on Monday, Atinuke was the topic of discussion amongst the boys at lunch. I was to find out that she also got to contact my colleague Christopher on facebook but with a completely different identity. He knew her as Oyindamola, a Youth Corp member who was serving in Bayelsa State with the Ministry of Power. Christopher was in a worse situation than me; he was already in love with her and had even bought her an 18K Solitaire diamond engagement ring. That was the Atinuke-Effect for you, she is a hooker.

After weeks of non-stop infatuation, everything started to add up. I discovered that women like her are too good to be true. Apparently, she was always on the prowl for young and descent looking middle class men whom she manipulated to her advantage. She knew how to get into any man’s head and she did that for a living. You can never have enough of her and she keeps you coming back for more. Simply put, Atinuke is to her victims what oxygen is to humans.

But many months passed and I couldn’t get Atinuke off my mind. Somehow, my life was never the same without Atinuke. There was no greater or sweeter love than the one Atinuke had given me and my life was incomplete without her.

 

(To be continued)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is a wonderful story. I am enjoying the twist

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...I can't wait to see how this ends. Thumbs up buddy!

Anonymous said...

Your writing gets so much better each time

Unknown said...

Thanks so much @Anonymous. This means a lot to us.