Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

THE 'RUNS GIRL' WHO STOLE MY HEART (PART THREE)

 
 
If I was an empty vessel, Atinuke knew how to fill me completely. I have become so used to her that her absence in my life was driving me horrendously crazy. My emotions have been so built around her to the point that it was almost indestructible. My friends say I have been talking in my sleep about how I miss her. I believe them because; she was the last thing on mind every night before I go to sleep.

The thought of her being with another man because I have refused any form of explanation from her made me both jealous and depressed. I should have at least given her a chance to tell her own part of the story. Most 'Runs Girls' don't even enjoy sleeping around; they are sometimes plagued by circumstance or sometimes out of necessity.

There was little or no doubt in my mind that she felt something special for me out of all her body counts. We were like soul mates or even something closer than that. Our chemistry was unbelievable and she was like my dream come true. She was my strength and my weakness all rolled into one.

I had made up my mind to talk to her or even find her if the need arises. Maybe she would have enough respect for what we shared to quit her promiscuous behavior. More so, I was falling in love with her and there was very little I could do about it. I have to follow my heart wherever it leads.

I had to tell my close friends what I was going through. They were wary of my growing feelings for Atinuke because it was gathering momentum each day.

'Runs Girls' also have a heart and they have love in them, sometimes they do this because of the situation they find themselves in. Most times there is no choice for them" I tried to explain to my friends.

“These girls know how to play with a man’s emotions. Don't get it twisted, she was only being good at her job” Bolaji countered. “And she could just be after the money like any other girl. As long as the money is flowing she will be beside you but when the money is gone, she might be forced to go back to her Aristos”. Bolaji himself has had a lot of experience with all sorts of women and he was the perfect guy to run to in a time like this.

“Are u guys saying a 'Runs Girl' is not capable of loving and being loyal to a man? Just because she's a 'Runs Girl' doesn't mean she can't fall in love and be faithful” I countered.

"What love means to her may be different to what it means to you" Charles buttressed, almost in anger.

"But they are like most of us who are trapped in a job that we don’t love but have to keep doing until something better comes along the way" I tried to insist but they seemed not to be buying in.

"Look! You can fall in love with anyone you want but don't mix pity with love” Charles warned. He always tried the father figure in the group. I would listen to him anytime. “However, it’s very difficult because once she starts selling her body, it makes it more difficult to be satisfied in a committed relationship” He continued in his deep voice.

 “Look, she might promise you that she would give up her promiscuous lifestyle to settle for you but until she completely gives it up you must protect your emotions from her manipulation” Bolaji waded in as if he has had enough of my presumed childishness. He continued "Everyone has a chance to turn their lives around and there is no perfect woman out there. She would most likely stop as long as you support her and possibly her family too. If you are willing to make that commitment, then go ahead".

 Despite all the advice from my friends, I couldn't think of anything else because I was gradually getting obsessed with her. I felt a sense of loss even though I never had her in the first place.

There was something about her that I had never seen in any woman before her. There was more to her personality than the mere fact that she traded her body for money. I was losing my mind and I wasn't sure how long I was going to be able to stand. Could it be that I was under a spell or something?



(To be continued)

3 comments:

Chisom Uzoma said...

Thumbs up! Keep the story coming...

Anonymous said...

nice story, is this your new novel?

Unknown said...

No, it's not my new novel. But maybe I would work towards that in the near future. Thanks