Pages

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

THE 'RUNS GIRL' WHO STOLE MY HEART (PART ONE)



Early last year, I got a message on facebook from a young girl named Atinuke, a 300 level student of the University of Calabar. Unlike other random advances I get on social media, she was surprisingly witty and had this graceful way of communicating that was very patronizing. She was so beautiful that I was at a loss as to why she would be interested in me.

We quickly exchanged Blackberry pins and chatted late into the night. I was impressed at the appeal of such a young girl but puzzled by the intensity of the entire conversation. The frequent chats were replaced by lengthy phone conversations. Then suddenly, the gear shifted and our conversations became more passionate. She would tell tales of how she couldn’t stop thinking about me and wanted to visit me in Lagos.

It was a bit absurd by my traditional standards for someone I barely knew to be so enchanted. But I was comforted by the fact that my boyish charm was still yielding dividends at its prime. She was very charming too, so why not? With the intensity of our conversation, it was almost impossible to stay apart for too long. My spirit and body were willing but my pocket was weak. So I asked her to come at the end of the month. From my little experience, beautiful women are not pocket-friendly.

On her first night in Lagos, I took her to a house party hosted by a childhood friend of mine in Lekki. The moment we walked in, Atinuke lit up the room and everyone knew there was a star in the building. She had the swagger of a cheetah and her every move was greeted with reverence. I was completely out of my comfort zone and was clearly smitten. It was absolutely electrifying and I felt instantly motivated.

The next morning, I found her sitting unclothed at the edge of my bed with eyes fixed on me like I was a prey. My initial fright was soon replaced by a burning passion, never in my life have I seen a woman so wonderfully made. She crawled up slowly to me and I immediately knew it was time for war. Her sexual maturity was thrice her age and she knew how to get a man to dance to her tune. She seemed very relaxed and in perfect control of the situation.

After what seemed like eternity, she stood up and walked to the kitchen leaving my breathless body in her trail. And before I could come to terms with what had just transpired, she served me a sumptuous breakfast in bed. For a moment, it was difficult to imagine how a woman can have so much mastery in the bedroom and the kitchen at such a young age. This was beyond my wildest dream. 

However, she was not all about the bedroom and the kitchen and fashion; she was also very passionate about the things of God. That Sunday morning, I was woken up by an already dressed Atinuke who as usual had put my bath water and brought out the cloth she wanted me to wear to church. I was purely amazed! 

Throughout the church service, it was hard to tell that it was the same girl who had taught me the lesson of my life in the bedroom. She sang away like an angel and even prayed harder than a warrior. As you can envisage, my weekend was passion-soaked and I had the time of my life.  

Atinuke went back to Calabar the next day but she never stopped showering me with love for a moment. Straightaway, I assumed there was a future for the both of us. No woman has ever shown me the kind of love I was getting from Atinuke. Her birthday was coming up in a few months and I was already nursing the idea of proposing to her that day.

Most of my friends who saw her when she visited were already asking about the new Iyawo and how it was finally time for me to settle down. They felt I have waited for too long and that I was still lucky that God has blessed me with a woman like Atinuke.

I knew I wasn’t in love with her and I wasn’t sure what she was in love with me either but everything felt so good; at least for the time being. I knew that marrying her was going to be a huge gamble but a woman like that was worth every risk. Well, I did like Atinuke a lot but the truth was that I barely knew her. What if she was Mami Water or was pretending at best?

I was completely blown away by her total expression of commitment towards me. Atinuke was in my thinking a million yards of wife material, enough to sew for ten thousand men. I was a lucky man no doubt.

My dear mother was soon to catch the Atinuke-mania. From the moment she heard her voice over the phone, she fell completely for her charm. Atinuke was simply a Super Woman and leaves everyone she comes across at the mercy of her elegance, until one breezy Friday evening in February.


(To be continued)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Merely reading it Atinuke phobia is spreading and warming my heart.

Anonymous said...

Nice story

Unknown said...

lol...........beekay, wallace should totally read this.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys. Am glad you like this one :)