Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

THE ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF HAPPINESS

Every day we are saddled with the responsibility of making certain decisions that would prove very critical to our lives. Sometimes we are too occupied with the consequences of our decisions that we never ever get to take the decision at all.

This morning I was faced with a situation that reminded me of the two most critical decisions we are all faced with; the decision to either be happy or sad. I clearly knew I had to decide whether I wanted to let my problems get the best of me or just be happy and put myself in a better position to overcome them. I came to realize that been happy was my personal decision and will eventually reflect in my personality. Whether I decide to make myself happy or sad, the effort I put into both emotions are the same. And if it pays me more to be happy, then there is no point to be sad at all.

During the course of the day, certain things will go the wrong way no matter how much I tried to make it work. To be sad about something I don’t have absolute control over is a complete waste of my precious time. So I always remind myself that I have to be happy regardless of how frustrated I felt about what transpires as I go about my daily activities.

No doubt, it hurts when things don’t go my way but I have decided to learn from the situation instead of letting it affect me adversely. Happiness simply sets you free from all the forces of sadness that gets fattened every time you are depressed. This way, you stay more positive and you are able to make better decisions. It is not easy but in the end life is all about the decisions we make.

However, it’s important to point out that I did not just wake up this morning and took the decision to be a 'Jolly Good Fellow' for the rest of my life. I developed the courage to be happy by overcoming disappointment, frustration and manipulation. Everything I have encountered in my life have taught me that I am the only one who can decide how my life is affected by external forces. It’s not how people or situations make you feel that counts; it’s how you make yourself feel.

A lot of things don’t matter to me right now because I am happy. Happiness works like magic because all of a sudden the things you often see as obstacles just get drowned by your sheer will to be happy. You can decide that nothing will ever make you unhappy, absolutely nothing! Life is too good to trade all your happiness for a pint of the sadness in this world. Wherever you go, no matter the situation, always bring all the happiness with you. Clap along if you feel like this is what you wanna do. Cheers!!


#HappiestManInTheWorld

3 comments:

Adaobi said...

Because am happy...thank you so much for this article

Unknown said...

You are welcome Adaobi

Anonymous said...

Good read! Absolutely made my day