Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

I BELIEVE I CAN FLY: THE POWER OF SELF LOVE


I have been pondering on this issue of love for a while now and believe me it's not the easiest thing to deal with. Sometimes it's hard to tell who you really love and who really loves you back. I cannot boast to have really fallen in love but am not ruling it out completely. 


One thing I have been able to establish so far is that this thing called "Love" can be very powerful, possibly the most powerful phenomenon known to mankind. The intrigues, suspense, twists and turns can be too much for a faint heart, which explains why heartbreak has become a lover's best friend. I know a lover friend who has been so heartbroken over the years, so in order to protect her heart, whenever someone tells her "I love you", she just simply says "Thank you very much". 

So in my quest to curb heartbreak further unravel the mystery of true love, I came across an inspiring article by another lover friend and I thought I should share. Hope it inspires you too and hopefully just like me you will learn how to fly find the best kind of love.



Much of what you do is done either to get love or to compensate for lack of love, beginning in early childhood. The emotion of love exerts an enormous influence on your every choice and decision. Your self-ideal, the guiding mechanism of your self-concept and the regulator of your behaviour, can be understood as your ideal of the kind of person you need to be to earn the love and respect of the people you care about.
Almost everything you and I do today, the goals we set, the dreams we have, the commitments we make, is influenced by the power of love in our lives. You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees lights and rainbow when they look at you, but if you don’t see yourself in such light all of that doesn’t even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, Is a moment of your life thrown away, it’s not like anyone here on planet earth has forever to live, so we should not waste any of our seconds, don’t throw even one of your moment away.     
The person in life that you will always be with the most is yourself. Even when you are with others, you are still with yourself. You are with yourself, lying in bed at night, you are with yourself walking down the street in the sunlight, you are with yourself going about your daily activities, and you are always with yourself. What kind of person do you want to wake up with? Because that person is yourself, and it’s your responsibility to be that person you want to be with.

The most powerful relationship you will ever have after your relationship with God is the relationship with yourself. To live a happy life, you must recognize the truth of your story, finish the story, it happened but you are still here, you are still powerful and capable, you are not your circumstances. You are still fully equipped with every single tool you need to fulfill your purpose.

I love me, you should Love you too.

No comments: