Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

HOW THE GIRL IN MINISKIRT SAVED MY LIFE

Growing up with my brothers was such an amazing experience I cant forget. We were involved in various escapades like most children in our days. Some of them we got away with but we were not so lucky all the time. Luck in this context would imply my parents having little or no knowledge of what were up to while they were gone. 
We had to contend with our house helps who held sway while my parents were gone. I remember a particular incident when myself and my immediate younger brother had to tie up one the house helps while she slept, so that we could go out and play. That was the beginning of our partnership in many crimes. And needless to say my parents dealt with us that fateful day. 
Eventually, the house helps left and we were left to take care of ourselves; a dream come true. That was when we mastered the art of committing crimes and to trying get away with it. With time we became bolder and would do things that my parents even up till this day would  never have imagined we were capable of. We got away with our crimes, which by the way were mostly sneaking out to play football, missing home classes, hanging out with 'Area Boys' and so on. But one day our 'Very Fat Luck'‎ ran out.
It began just like any other day for us, we were in the company of the 'Area Boys', trying to feel very cool and among. Then, along came a delicate looking young lady in this head-bending miniskirt, strutting like she owned half of the world. The boys became uncontrollable and went in her trail, jeering and mocking the living daylight out of her. In those days, wearing miniskirts was almost equivalent to becoming a transgender today. I could tell the young woman was thoroughly embarrassed and we felt cool but not for long. 

That evening, we heard a knock on our front door. As I hurriedly opened to know who was at the door, behold the 'Miniskirt Empress'. I literally died and resurrected many times as she stood before my parents to reveal her mission. I knew this was a 'first degree' crime and there was no way we were going to get out of this with a light sentence. I thought of all the possible punishments, like dropping out of school to join the family business or sending me straight to the village to help my grandmother. As if the lady knew what my parents were capable of, she changed her mission entirely; instead enquiring from my folks if there was any vacancy in the compound.

Looking at my parents, you could tell they were no nonsense folks who would not have their wards jumping up and down with street boys, let alone mocking people going about their own business. Am sure she knew we would be in hot soup if she accomplished her mission. She had probably figure that of all the boys that taunted her, we were the more likely scapegoats. So she found out where we stayed and was ready to take her revenge.

As the lady made her way to the door after her brief life saving enquiry, I almost went down on my knees to kiss her feet in appreciation. Till this day, I can't tell what would have become of me if she told my parents about her encounter on that fateful day. But somehow I still remain grateful to her for saving my life.  



#HappiestManInTheWorld

2 comments:

Bee said...

Lol! Lucky you...

Unknown said...

Hahaha...Thanks Bee