Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

AN OPEN LETTER TO MYSELF

Dear Me,

I am writing this letter to you because my life begins and ends with you. If I don’t take care of you, then I will not be strong enough to take care of anything else.

Stop feeling worried about what people say or think of you. I have been too hard on you and I think it’s time to let your light shine and stop standing on the way. This is the last time you will put the burden of people’s expectation on your shoulder.

You let people take advantage of you repeatedly and tried too hard to justify your actions all in the hope that they will accept you but I lost you more in the process. You took your eyes off your dream just to fit into the expectations of others and trusted yourself less.

I am very sorry for all the times I doubted your strength and questioned your abilities. All the times your happiness was defined by others and not me.

I have decided that you will let go of people, thoughts and situations that break you down and create a conducive environment for your growth.

Don’t concern yourself with the things that don’t concern you. If it’s not your business don’t make it a burden you must carry.

Make yourself a priority most of the time because you are responsible for your happiness. Love yourself more than anyone else, because you are worth it. Sometimes you forget that putting yourself first is not selfish but necessary.

Surround yourself with people who increase your belief in yourself and not those who take away from your faith and confidence.

Be more open to those who supply you with the courage to face your fears, embrace your flaws and rise to the levels you never thought you could reach. Those who will never watch you fail or watch you struggle because they would be with you through it all and never watch you fight from afar.

Wake up every morning with determination and go to bed with satisfaction. I will ask you what you everyday and I will make sure you receive it. The future that you have dreamed of is here. Do not run away.



Much Love,

Me




#HappiestManInTheWorld

1 comment:

Iyabo @ Success Lessons said...

I like the part about surrounding "yourself with people who increase your belief in yourself and not those who take away from your faith and confidence." The environment is really important when it comes to flourishing as a human being.


I did Agric Science in school and we were told the right environment makes plants thrive. So, a farmer takes care of his land, he weeds to ensure there's enough space for the plant to grow to its full potential but we humans don't do that for ourselves enough.


We surround ourselves with toxic people and the end result is failure. I think we should all be sensitive about our environment. And this includes our internal as well as external environment. The internal environment consists of our thoughts, self-talk, mind set, etc. While the external consists of the people in our lives, the media we consume, the things people say to us, etc