Pages

Monday, December 03, 2012

CHECK OUT THE CAR MADE IN NIGERIA OUT OF BASKET



This is perhaps one of the most intriguing creativity to come out of Nigeria in recent times. On this occasion it comes courtesy of the ingenuity of 40 year old Ojo Obaniyi, a Cane Crafts artist from Ibadan, Oyo State. The Car accessories were essentially made out of basket and are really very impressive.




Ojo who has been in the business of cane crafting for 20 years said “I want to prove a point that that it is not only the educated elite that can make positive change in the society. We, the artisans also can make an impact in the society. That is why I decided that I too must do something that will make the people to recognize me and know me across the world that the African and indeed the entire black race have talented people”




This is certainly an invention that is worth paying attention to and I hope that it brings the desired change to the life of Ojo Obaniyi.



No comments: