Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WHAT'S YOUR SELLING POINT?

Whooops! Yes I have been missing in action for a while now and I know some of you have missed me. It has not been easy coping with my 9-5 schedule and all the other things life in Lagos throws at a young man like me. Ermmm...did I say I am a young man? Well I became a year older early this month and you don't want to know how old I am now. I don't usually get personal on this blog but I will make an exception on this post because I have not been very fair to quite a few of you who are ardent readers of my blog. My quest for daily bread has affected our relationship significantly but all I can do is try and try. And please you all should find it in your heart to forgive in advance because my job can be quite demanding.


So what do I do for a living that can be so demanding? Well, I am a Sales Man. Trust me, it was not the original plan but destiny has put me in this position and I can't express enough gratitude. Selling is not easy at all, especially if you have to sell intangible things like me. Selling in a city like Lagos can be very daunting. The competition is way over the top and you have to be on the top of your game if you want to succeed. You always have to be ahead of the competition in every aspect if you want to meet your target. Yes! every Sales Person has a target they are expected to meet at every period and this makes the job more interesting.

The best part of my job is meeting new people and travelling to new places. I genuinely enjoy moving from one place to the other. To be honest I won't last too long in a job where I have to sit in one place the whole time. I will literally die of either boredom or Sitting Disease. The other thing is the relationships that it affords me. I am naturally a very shy person (I am sure people who know me personally will argue this) but my job gives me the advantage of developing relationships that I wouldn't have had if I was doing something else. I meet different people everyday and sometimes these relationships become a lifeline I can always leverage on.

Another wonderful thing about being a Sales Man is that it makes you think outside the box 24 hours of the day and 7 days of the week. It is the most engaging profession I have ever come across. And one question that is always on mind is "What is my selling point?" Knowing your selling point is the most important thing for any Sales Person.

Your selling point is that thing that stands you out from your competition. Establishing a unique selling point will help you succeed easily in your pursuit of sales. This will attract more buyers and help you build customer loyalty. You completely stand out from the pack and effortlessly crush every opposition standing in your way. 

Life is an interesting market and we all have something to either buy or sell. It is very important for every one of us to identify our selling point. To succeed in life, you must have your own distinctive attribute.  That singular thing that differentiates you from other people, something that you and only you can have. It might not be visible to others now but you must continue to nurture it, because one day it will become something that will stand you out. 

Naturally, no one wants anything that is common. I feel elated when people say "I have never seen anyone like you". It gives that feeling of uniqueness and I always strive to carve my own niche; be more like me and no one else. It involves a lot of addition and subtraction, taking away the bad and replacing it with more of the good. In the end my goal is to be unique so that my market will always sell.

So have you identified your selling point? 


#HappiestManInTheWorld

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post

Anonymous said...

nice.. its good when you do something you love.